- Workhouse Museum & Garden
- Courthouse Museum
- Prison & Police Museum
- Plan your visit
- Support Us
- Learning Visits
- Group visits
- About us
19 June 2013
• For the first time Ripon Museum Trust is holding a Grand Victorian Garden Party in the grounds of the Workhouse Museum on Sunday 23 June from 2pm - 4pm. Volunteers will be dressed in their Victorian Sunday best and serving homemade cakes and scones.
• Visitors will have the chance to work off their cream teas with ‘Bash the Rat’ game, or win a coconut on our Coconut Shy stall and try out our wet sponge stocks! There will be also more genteel lawn games such as croquet, hoopla and music provide by Trinity Quartet.
• The Workhouse Kitchen Garden (which was restored in 2009) will be open and Head Gardener Nick Thompson said; “I am is looking forward to talking about the heritage vegetables that we grow here as well as showing off our wild flower meadow. The garden is a real hidden gem of Ripon”
• The Workhouse Museum is open every day from 11am until 4pm. Normal admission charges apply and there is no need to book, everyone is welcome.
Follow us: @RiponMuseums
We're a hidden gem - why not come and find us!! harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/news/tourism-s…