Volunteers are the magic ingredient at Ripon Museums. Our continued success is only possible because of our wonderful team of volunteers. All ages, all abilities, all welcome!
Over 100 volunteers are actively involved in the wide range of flexible roles across our three sites and gardens. Whatever your interests and experience there is sure to be something which excites and interests you.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- Front of house – selling tickets, greeting visitors, guiding visitors
- Our learning team – assisting with school visits, managing loan boxes, family activities
- Gardening – our friendly gardening team meet twice weekly to maintain our outdoor spaces
- Curation – research, cataloguing, conservation
- Marketing/office – marketing, fundraising, research, office work, IT projects
- Maintenance – repair works, painting, general maintenance
You don’t have to have specialist knowledge to volunteer; all you will need is an enthusiasm for the museums and their collections and a willingness to get stuck in.
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Build your skills and confidence
- Enhance your CV and employment prospects
- Make new friends and meet like-minded people
Would you like to make new friends, meet interesting people? Do you need some experience to help with your CV, job applications or personal statements? Would you like to practice your IT skills or use social media skills to share your experiences?
We are reviewing our Young Volunteer programme for the future. If you are in School Years 8 to 11 and would like to make a difference to your local community, bringing history to life and having fun, then get in touch.
Our diverse cohort has shown us that volunteering should be for everyone. Unfortunately, the people who would benefit most from volunteering often face barriers in accessing roles, and that is why Ripon Museum Trust focuses on making our opportunities accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
Thanks to funding from the COINS Foundation we have been able to appoint a Volunteer Support Officer, whose job it is to help volunteers access roles that are beneficial and meaningful to them.
Our supported volunteers can join us through two main routes. Either through self-referral or by a referral from an external organisation.
To find out more about our supported volunteering, email [email protected]
Become a volunteer
If you are interested in joining us, please email [email protected] or call 01765 690799.
You can apply via the Better Impact platform.
We are keen to hear from anyone interested in volunteering with us across all aspects of the museums, but particularly with the Front of House and Learning Teams.